BobJ210

help with parental controls on apple TV

I have ripped a number of dvds that I own to my apple tv using handbrake. Then I use meta-x to modify the tags - including the rating of the movie. After that, iTunes does properly so the rating of the movie. I have properly set up my ATV to ask for a pass for anything that is PG-13 rated. Bottom line is that it looks like my ATV has the version of the movie prior to the editing of the tags with meta-x. The parental controls on the tv show that I have done this way work just fine. I have tried turning off the syncing on all of the movies in the hopes that when I turned it on again the tags would be in the new version but it did not work.

Any help / thoughts would be appreciated!

Restore you Apple TV, so it has to sync all the data again.

Restore you Apple TV, so it has to sync all the data again.

That would get me through it this time. Any idea on how to do it without restoring? Would hate to have total restore as the general solution.

That would get me through it this time. Any idea on how to do it without restoring? Would hate to have total restore as the general solution.

If you are syncing, you should be able to just sync it and it should put the new version on your Apple TV. If you are dropping the movies on there, then just click on your Apple TV and remove the old version from it, then drag your new version onto it. You could probably turn your Apple TV syncing off and delete the old version, then turn syncing back on and sync for your new versions as well.