joe28753

anyone for some minneapolis iphone camping out?

i'll probably just go to the mall of america early friday morning.. not sure exactly when. do any of you minneapolis people want to come with me?

i'll probably just go to the mall of america early friday morning.. not sure exactly when. do any of you minneapolis people want to come with me?

Did you hit MOA? If so, have luck?

I was at the At&T Wingular Store in Mtka. Waited 3.25 hours, was second in line and *poof* they sold out.

William, the person charged with wrangling the crowd who had been standing in hot, humid sunlight, was a fine chap but he didn't have iPhones for those of us left in line. He was kind enough to offer to allow us to pre-order for future stock. Only problem was that if you went that route you had to wait for a phone with your name to arrive in the store. IOW, if they got more stock before you phone came you wouldn't be able to get it. Since they were quoting a 10-14 day delivery time I departed and went to the Apple Store in Ridgedale. There I got my phone - a white 16GB Jesus Phone.

Buying this phone and signing a contract with AT&T Wingular was a change in direction for me but, since I wanted 3G, and T-Mo wasn't adjusting their rate plans to keep out of contract people like me, I took the plunge. So far I have nothing but praise for their service and my Jesus Phone.

yea i got at MOA at about 6:30 am just to be sure i'd get the white one (i heard they were rare), but i didn't really care to be first in line again. when i got there, there were about 30 people in front of me. i got in and got the phone quickly and smoothly after the store opened. the only problem was the apple servers crashing and i couldnt get the phone to do anything until about 1pm. but its working fine now.

waited 5 hours at southdale Apple store and was about 80th in line

waited 5 hours at southdale Apple store and was about 80th in line

Waited in the apple store in utah and took about 7-8 hours and we were around 250 in line.