centro

App Store is open

centro    0

Downloaded iTunes 7.7 today (Thursday) in the UK. It gives access to App Store - Looks good!

What Apps are you guys looking at buying/getting asap?

Mine are:

• Twitterific
  • BigTipper
  • iLingo Spanish and/or Linguo (Vacation in Spain late August)
  • Light
  • MobileFlickr
  • Remote
  • Units
  • Voice Recorder

real    0

Lets here the good ones. would love to hear which apps are great. Reason being Timewarner is taking forever to install my tubes.

sttrek341    3

i installed super monkey ball and it is taking some getting use to get the rotating right to get where i want it to go. i also installed loopt.

i installed super monkey ball and it is taking some getting use to get the rotating right to get where i want it to go. i also installed loopt.

Yeah that game is harder than I thought it would be! I'm stuck on level 7 - haven't got the hang of the acceloramator yet. :) Has anyone been able to play this game very well yet?

Also, is there a way to save your game? I keep having to start over at level 1 everytime I play. Or do I have to get through to a certain spot before it'll save?

Edited by desertrose0601

bebe33    0

You have access to the apps? I can download them but I can't install them :(

sttrek341    3

i have the new firmware installed.

there was a link pulled from apple's site but it just has to manually be selected to upgrade.

Edited by sttrek341

2farrell    0

I installed the Apple Remote App and it works great with the Apple TV.

I can now play my music collection through the Apple TV without turning my TV on.

Excellent.

Only thing doesn't seem to work is the Album Art doesn't how up on the Now Playing page on the iPhone but I'm sure that'll be fixed.

Huskermn    33

All right. After many attempts to upgrade to 2.0 on my 1st gen iPhone, I was finally able to update it yesterday afternoon at 2:30 CDT (I think that's -6 GMT) and am quite happy with the available apps. I've been browsing the App Store off and on since then and have settled on the following (for now) -

* Remote (this is really cool)

* WeatherBug (even though it's missing animated radar, it's pretty nice)

* reQall (haven't used yet but has good reviews)

* Mobile News (probably could do this with RSS but like it better than surfing to news sites)

* Cro-Mag Race (love this)

* AIM (haven't got it to work yet)

* Where

* SportsTap

* Yelp

* ZipCodes

* HotelsNearMe (no need at the moment but for future ref)

* Epocrates Rx (I don't really need this but it's nice to be able to check for interactions for me and people (especially elderly in-laws) I know

There are lots of Apps that sound interesting and I'll probably get more over time.

My current experience has convinced me I don't NEED the 3G yet. I may still buy it but not for a month or two minimum.

Graham    1

I like monkey ball, but not being able to save my game is pissing me off. I'm loving Moto Racer and Crash Bandicoot though. Super fun!

zionlion    0

The App store is great and I was happy to see many free and reasonably priced stuff, Remote is outstanding and has the Apple fineness all over it :)

Paid for all the Games Graham mentioned but cant stand Super Monkey as its hard to play even for a seasoned gamer like my son, still the graphics are amazing and few tweaks should make it a must have.

I moan a lot about Apple "try to keep some balance and perspective" this is a winner and I hope we will see some new talented indie developers taking on and beating the big boys ;)

FORZA    0

I picked up Texas Hold Em-Love it!-Sales Force,Morocco,iPint,NYTimes and Google. Crash Bandicoot looks like a blast, so I will get that next.

bebe33    0

I think Remote made my Apple TV crash. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by bebe33