Sign in to follow this  
raghavsuri

ipod video on dvd

is there a way i can put a movie (bought from itunes) onto a dvd that can be played on the dvd player and that will show up with good quality on the tv?

thanks

No. You'd need to get an apple tv to view movies purchased from iTunes on a tv.

An alternative is a current generation iPod with video output - plus the relevant cable - though the quality may be rubbish. If this is an option to you then seek further guidance here.

An alternative is a current generation iPod with video output - plus the relevant cable - though the quality may be rubbish. If this is an option to you then seek further guidance here.

hi, are you referring to connecting an ipod to the tv (with av cables)? because i do this and the quality is pretty good. but i want to put ipod movies on a dvd, say using idvd, that will play on my tv and will be the appropriate format.

No, the DRM prevents you from doing this.

The only way (besides stripping the DRM, and that's 1. illegal and 2. extremely difficult) is to use something like ScreenFlow to capture the video and export it. But then you have to buy ScreenFlow. (no other program I know of is capable of smooth video like SF) Of course, if you already have After Effects, there's a way to use SF for free, but AE is even more expensive. I'm currently working on an easy (and free) way to do it. If you're interested in the method when I've figured it out, PM me or email me.