Stevie D.

Problems with podcast in 7.7

I have my settings to sync all unplayed podcast. Ordinarily I'll listen to a podcast (All the way till the end) and sync my 5th gen. and the podcast will magically disappear. Now after the last update my iPod is loaded with junk (No offense) that I've already listened to. Even stuff I listened to yesterday (All the way through).

Uh, I'm a bit miffed :blink:

Is anyone else experiencing any weirdness? I apologize if this has already been discussed but if it hasn't and anyone else is experiencing it perhaps it needs to be addressed. Hopefully its just the lone nit wit that doesn't know how to use his iPod and I'll sort it out myself.

Well, now I just changed the settings on the iPod to get the 1 most recent podcast and guess what the thing still has the same rotten batch of podcast on the thing. Hows that for "die hard"? I hate having to do a restore because it takes so bloody long to sync 50+ GB. Any thoughts or have you had this before.

I'm getting ready to try a reset and lets see if that flushes the gremlin.

RESET NO FIX!

Edited by Stevie D.

I have my settings to sync all unplayed podcast. Ordinarily I'll listen to a podcast (All the way till the end) and sync my 5th gen. and the podcast will magically disappear. Now after the last update my iPod is loaded with junk (No offense) that I've already listened to. Even stuff I listened to yesterday (All the way through).

Uh, I'm a bit miffed :blink:

Is anyone else experiencing any weirdness? I apologize if this has already been discussed but if it hasn't and anyone else is experiencing it perhaps it needs to be addressed. Hopefully its just the lone nit wit that doesn't know how to use his iPod and I'll sort it out myself.

Well, now I just changed the settings on the iPod to get the 1 most recent podcast and guess what the thing still has the same rotten batch of podcast on the thing. Hows that for "die hard"? I hate having to do a restore because it takes so bloody long to sync 50+ GB. Any thoughts or have you had this before.

I'm getting ready to try a reset and lets see if that flushes the gremlin.

RESET NO FIX!

I have same exact same problem with my iPod Touch!! It does not dynamically update playlists on the iPod itself. So frustrating, especially since my old Nano handled this just fine. :angry: I wish Adam would discuss on his podcast.

Did it do it until the recent 7.7 update. Mine worked fine and now all of a sudden...

I don't know if you tried this, but could you sync podcasts through smart playlists?

Concerning the syncing, people want ever bigger drives on their portable devices (iPod, iPhone), but the data all has to go through USB. USB is designed for short bursts of data (say mouse or tablet pen movements), not for sustained data transfer. I can only dread what experience iPhone users go through when they need to back up their iPhones. Sixteen gigs must take a long time through USB 2.1, I'm sure. I'd rather have Apple ship FW-800 with their portable devices, be it a build-to-order option. I don't see why you can't customize your mobile devices like you can computers. It shouldn't drain your battery, because FW-800 is only used when connecting to a computer (which supplies power).

I don't see why you can't customize your mobile devices like you can computers.

Cost

The majority of computers (read almost everything Apple doesn't build) rely on USB.

I don't know if you tried this, but could you sync podcasts through smart playlists?

Yes that works (I tried it) but...That seems like a wonky work around for something that wasn't a problem a month ago.

I'm not sure. I'll try restoring the iPod later tonight after I get done watching MacGyver. If push comes to shove I may just reinstall iTunes. Its been a long, long time since I've done that. Can you recover all your ratings? Most my playlist are "smart" and use the ratings scheme.

Can you just zap the app and come back and point it at the iTunes folder and la ti da disco change-o you're back to the same library minus the playlist.

Uh, do you lose all your tags? I do not want to go re do all my tv shows and movies and.... uh scared just thinking about it.