eyerobic

iPod Touch 8GB?

Is anyone NOT happy with an 8 GB iPod Touch?

As the saying goes, "does size matter?"

I'm looking at the Touch for the apps primarily and small music/photo/movie libraries second.

Is the 8 GB adaquate enough? Will we see prices remain the same for the foreseeable future?

Thanks, Chris

I have an 8Gb 1st Gen iPhone that, at this point, I don't think I need more space.

Over time, I've learned to live with less of my 'stuff' than I used to when I was using my 60Gb Photo iPod. I think I'm fairly comfortable with the Apps I've loaded and have plenty of space for music, even a couple small video files. I think if you want to carry much video 8Gb might not be enough, so the answer to the "Does size matter" question is the same as always - "It depends on your preferences".

Indeed, it depends on your personal preferences. I have an 8Gb iPhone and I will be getting a 16Gb as soon as they're bloody in stock again!

It's always nice to have the extra space, but I've been quite astonished with the sizes of applications. Most of them are very small, so they don't take up a lot of space. You'll probably be fine with 8GB.

I suspect the price will stay the same. Usually what happens is that over time they will replace the a particular pricing tier with a better product but the price stays the same. So you get more for your money but you can't buy the old one for less.

Thanks everyone,

An 8 GB Touch Refurby is due here by the end of the week. $200 Apple store.

Call me a "late adopter" if you like. My G4 Mini resembles half of a Mac Cube!

I expect Jobs to reveal a new iPod Touch next month, that takes out the trash.