myunmadebed

Safari Keeps Crashing On My iPhone 3G

myunmadebed    0

Hello! I am a new owner and user of a 16 gig white iPhone. It has been less than a week and I am in LOVE with my iPhone. After now owning an iPhone I am not sure how I could live without it. So far I have had no major issue with the iPhone except Safari crashes all the time. After digging through the web this looks like it might be an issue that has been happening since the initial launch. I hit the Apple forums and it looks like others are having this problem as well. I hit up Apple's feedback page and sent a short note about this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this issue a s well? Below is the quick note I sent to Apple. Any suggestion that I could try/do would be much appreciated. I am a new iPhone owner and general fool so it could be a user issue :).

Thanks so much!

James

"

Safari Keeps Crashing On My iPhone 3G

I am having this problem with my 16 gig 3G. I have used many different wifi access points, Edge & 3G networks and Safari crashes all the time. I do notice it more in landscape mode but this also happens in portrait. I have visited many sites but I still can not find rhyme or reason at this point why safari keeps crashing. I have cleaned the cash, history, and cookies but it keeps happening .I have also restarted the device, ran in airplane mode, done a hard reboot, and a restore to no avail. I am very happy with my iPhone; actually I LOVE IT, but this problem is getting to be very aggravating due to it crashing close to thirty to fifty percent of the time I am using Safari (rough figures). I hope this problem is addressed sometime in the near future. If anyone has any advice as to what I could do to prevent this I would love to receive it.

Thanks for such an innovative product!"

Graham    1

I had this problem when I was using 1.1.3. It's been fixed since 1.1.4 came out though.

Huskermn    33

Are you doing something else at the same time, like listening to tunes?

I know the 3G is supposed to be able to do it but it could still be a problem.

myunmadebed    0

I appreciate all of the help and advise with this. Right now I do not have any music loaded onto my phone. When using Safari I am using no other apps. When I restored my phone I tried using Safari before adding any apps to the phone and I am still having this issue. My girlfriend bought the same model of phone minutes before I bought mine and he is having no problem. I tried earlier to reply to the forum but Safari crashed three times on me while I was writing a response. I hate calling applecare over this because it may be something I am doing but Safari is a headache now because I can not make any type of reply or send a message without fear of losing what I typed. Man I wish we could copy and paste on the iPhone. If we could this would not be such a big deal. I hate being a complainer :)

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!

sttrek341    3

when i got the first gen last june, safari seemed to be crashing left and right.

for me it seemed that i was just trying to have it do too much, such as having to many windows open. after reducing the load and one or two updates, as graham mentions, the problem seems to have resolved itself even though it will still crash occasionally.

as it looks the next version of the firmware is running as BoyGeniusReport claims to of had someone using 2.0.1 accessing their sites.

http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/07/15...ed-in-the-wild/

myunmadebed    0

Good suggestion, I will watch to make sure I do not have multiple pages open. A firmware upgrade to address this would be amazing. Once again this is the only major complaint I have over the phone. There are some small things that I wish were different but this is the best phone I have ever owned!

jlamb0    0

Safari sometimes crashes on my iPod Touch, but usually only with really big sites with lots of pictures and banners. It isn't often enough to be too much of a nuisance, though.