Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

How Long?

My iPhone experience:

I'll keep this as short as I can. I wanted to buy an iPhone 3G and put it on my dad's family plan. I thought the Apple Store could do that, as I never read anything that stated otherwise. And, since Apple Stores have more stock of iPhones than AT&T stores do, I did the logical thing and went to my local Apple store at 6 AM. At 8:30 I was in the store, and they told me they could not alter existing accounts in any way (because they did not have access to AT&T's database), so I had to go to an AT&T store. I then went to the nearest AT&T store, where I waited for another 2.5 hours. When I got inside, they were out of black 16gbs, the one I was going for.

AT&T said I could order an iPhone (any type), pay for it that day, and activate it when it arrived at the store. Shipping apparently took 7-10 days. I went with priority shipping, which was apparently 3-5 days. This was on Friday the 11th, iPhone Day (8 days ago).

My iPhone still hasn't shipped.

My Question:

Did this happen to any of you? Did any of you order an iPhone from an AT&T store? If so, has your iPhone arrived yet? Or has it at least shipped? How long did it take?

I'm partly impatient just 'cause I'm an Apple geek, but I also need my iPhone before my vacation on Friday the 25th. Thanks for any info!

At least you can order one there I asked in the local Telefonica store in Spain if I could order one and they said no. I am definately not impressed.

I read somewhre AT&T are saying now 2-3 weeks to fulfill orders. even so, I may go the AT&T store route to get me one

i read yesterday that AT&T will have the first batch of Direct Fulfillment Phones out into the hands of those buying them by the 26th. i don't know how accurate that information is, though.

i read yesterday that AT&T will have the first batch of Direct Fulfillment Phones out into the hands of those buying them by the 26th. i don't know how accurate that information is, though.

Apple Stores here in Minnesota have been getting new stock in almost daily. I know two people who picked them up yesterday. I know this doesn't help the OP but thought I'd mention it.