Sign in to follow this  
groomsy57

Some mp3's Not Transferring to iPod or Moto Slvr

My friend has posed a question to me since I've become sort of the go to Mac guy around our circle (although this isn't really happening on a Mac, but rather with iTunes). He says that he has been having some trouble getting some mp3 files onto his Moto Slvr. He was talking to a friend of his at work and his friend said he had experienced the same problems when getting mp3 files onto his iPod and that he was told to convert those files to AAC. My friend doesn't really want to have to go through his library and convert them over (and understandably so). So my question to you is this: is there a limit to the kinds of mp3's you can put on an iPod or device like it that syncs through iTunes? A limit such as bit-rate (my friend thinks that higher bit-rates may not transfer over) or perhaps in how the mp3 was encoded? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Quite frankly, I'm stumped by this one.

My friend has posed a question to me since I've become sort of the go to Mac guy around our circle (although this isn't really happening on a Mac, but rather with iTunes). He says that he has been having some trouble getting some mp3 files onto his Moto Slvr. He was talking to a friend of his at work and his friend said he had experienced the same problems when getting mp3 files onto his iPod and that he was told to convert those files to AAC. My friend doesn't really want to have to go through his library and convert them over (and understandably so). So my question to you is this: is there a limit to the kinds of mp3's you can put on an iPod or device like it that syncs through iTunes? A limit such as bit-rate (my friend thinks that higher bit-rates may not transfer over) or perhaps in how the mp3 was encoded? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Quite frankly, I'm stumped by this one.

on the phone I am pretty sure they can only be .mp3 at least thats how it was on my phone and sometimes the provider doesnt allow you to put your own music on it. as for the ipod I would say restore it. Mine started acting up so I restored it and granted some of the stuff still doesnt transfer but if you put it on manually manage music and just drag it all it normally gets ALL of it. hope this helps let me know