Sign in to follow this  
Kieron

iPhone Ringtones feature in the UK?

Hey all,

I'm new to iPhone, but not so new to Mac, but I cannot workout ringtones with iTunes.

First of all I dont have the option to show the ringtone column when I rightclick on the headings when displaying my itunes library. I do have the ringtones option showing on the list of items in my library in the top left, I have ringtones showing.

After going into the 'iTunes' menu, and selecting preferences, unticking the ringtones option, then going back into the'iTunes' menu and selecting preferences, and ticking the ringtones option, I can then rightclick on the headings in my iTunes library, and turn the ringtones column on. This then shows that none of my tracks are available to create ringtones from.

It also seems to be a similar experience in the iTunes store, have done a variety of searches, and not found any track that is ring-tonable.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

Kieron

You can only buy ring tones from the US iTunes store.

Well yes, I won't be buying any from the iTunes store if they ever appear, since I've been using iToner since day one.

It bugs me to no end that you have to pay twice for a ring tone. Once for the song a d again to turn it into a ring tone.

Thanks for all your advice Guys,

I was just looking for a quick fix to get some ringtones onto my iPhone. Will probably play with making my own when I get a bit of spare time.

iToner sounds like a great program to meet my needs in the meantime.

Kind Regards

Kieron