pieman

my boot camo woahs

hello there all my interprid travellors,

been a long time since i posted anything been really busy i guess life sometimes gets in the way go figure. i have a really unusual problem recently i've been trying to install windowsxp on to my mac for colege study purposes and something very weird happens.

i run boot camp it partions my disc quite successfully

i insert my windows xp disc then click the install windows button at which ponts my mac restarts and proceeds to run the windows xp installer.

so everything's ok but when it comes to clicking enter to install nothing happens.

am i the only person to have this problem can you help me i reallyneed xp up and running soon.

thank you

i am currently running a macbook 2.0 ghz in white and i just typed this on said keyboard so i know theres no problems there.

thank you again

Edited by pieman

Not to be grouchy, but, this is an online forum, not a text message. Please use punctuation. It was quite difficult to read your post.

The [Enter] key on my machine doesn't register in my Parallels XP environment either (actually, not on the keypad).

I use the [Return] key.

Might work for you.

Not to be grouchy, but, this is an online forum, not a text message. Please use punctuation. It was quite difficult to read your post.

The [Enter] key on my machine doesn't register in my Parallels XP environment either (actually, not on the keypad).

I use the [Return] key.

Might work for you.

i no i no should have proof read it, been a long day this problem just wont go away. tried the return key like suggested no buttons on the keyboard are responding.

i try f3 to quit nothing

i try r to repair nothing

i don't understand this.

Are you using a special keyboard? It sounds like the Windows installer is just not recognizing your keyboard (as though the keyboard drivers aren't being loaded up when the installer starts). This could be attributed to some keyboards. Do you have another keyboard you could try?