BobJ210

connect to www.me.com from iphone?

Is there a way to access your me.com account from safari on my iphone? I keep getting a redirect to the "do it from your iphone" info page. I do sync with mobile me etc but I was on the road and wanted to change a calendar preference in my me.com account. Most frustrating.

I think the webapps are a bit too complicated for the iphone to be able to handle.

I think the webapps are a bit too complicated for the iphone to be able to handle.

I am not sure why we are not given the option of using the old webapps, if only for the email.

I HATE IE6 with a passion, it is slow and crappy. BUT there are times when you have no other choice than to use it. Since the mobileme transition, I cannot access my email at work and I can't install another browser on any of the computers!

Can the calendar preference be changed on your iphone? I really like the way they updated the calendar app. I frequently make changes to my calendar, and it syncs with my online version. I have never really tried to change a calendar item through my safari on my iphone. I do know that changes I make to my calendar are updated on my me.com page though.

As for accessing me.com through mobile safari- you cant access me.com directly, but you can access the different MobileMe web apps by going to the links that it gives you for sharing. For instance, to get to your iDisk type http://public.me.com/username. For your photo galleries you would type http://gallery.me.com/username.

As a last resort you can setup VNC access to the home computer and use the me.com website using Safari/Firefox. Would be a bit clunky but if it's only for the occasional setting changes it would work fine. There's a couple of VNC clients in the App Store.