MnchstrCityBlues

Suggestions for new keyboard/mouse

Hi gang, I am looking for alternatives to the wired keyboard and mouse that came with my iMac G5. The mighty mouse has slowly lost its functionality (the track-wheel simply doesn't work 90% of the time despite religious cleanings) and I hate the keyboard's response/feel.

I am looking for non-expensive solution. Preferably a keyboard with the volume and eject buttons on it (as is the case with the Apple Keyboard) and I want it to react like a lap-top's buttons.

The mouse I have no idea. I want a track wheel and at least one button (obviously lol). I like the mighty mouse for the most part but its overpriced and stops working.

Thanks for the input, guys/gals!

Have you tried the new aluminum keyboard? They're the best keyboards I've ever used.

Hi gang, I am looking for alternatives to the wired keyboard and mouse that came with my iMac G5. The mighty mouse has slowly lost its functionality (the track-wheel simply doesn't work 90% of the time despite religious cleanings) …

How have you cleaned your mouse's trackball? I clean mine by rubbing the trackball onto a piece of paper (hold the mouse upside down and rub the trackball vigorously on a piece of white copier paper) and it does the trick every time. And I'll support Graham in his statement over the aluminum keyboards from Apple. I own the wired and wireless ones and I love them. Good luck.

How have you cleaned your mouse's trackball? I clean mine by rubbing the trackball onto a piece of paper (hold the mouse upside down and rub the trackball vigorously on a piece of white copier paper) and it does the trick every time. And I'll support Graham in his statement over the aluminum keyboards from Apple. I own the wired and wireless ones and I love them. Good luck.

I clean it quite frequently per Apple's instructions however it continues to fail after only a few uses.

I think I have been convinced that the Apple Aluminum (wired) keyboard is the way to go. Now to pick a mouse.

Thank you, everyone!

Try cleaning it the way I suggested. It's worth a shot. There are videos on youtube that talk about it, but basically rub the ball onto a piece of paper vigorously. It's worth a shot. Good luck. And you'll be happy with the aluminum keyboard, it's pretty good (best I've owned).

Edit:

. Edited by groomsy57

Like many others have said i think the best choice keyboard wise is the Aluminum Wireless Keyboard, but for a mouse i recommend The Kensington SlimBlade Trackball Mouse . Ive got the mouse on May 24th, 2008 and i haven't changed the batteries once, its highly responsive and has a 360 trackball like the mighty mouse but it dosent get gunk stuck in it, and its very customizable software wise.