Sign in to follow this  
Apple Geek

iTunes "Updates" same songs on my iPod??

Hello,

I have a quick question/concern about iTunes and my iPod touch. Every time that I hook my iPod up to be synced, it will go through the backup process and then update like normal. But what is weird is that it will "Update" 7 or 8 of the same songs every time I sync. It is always the same songs, and I know for a fact that I have not changed or in any way altered those songs since the last time that I synced my touch. I know this isn't a problem per se but I would like to know what is going on and if there is any way to solve the issue. I've had this problem for about 3-4 weeks now.

Edit: Oh, and it only occurs when I have hooked up the iPod for the first time-- if the iPod is connected and I just hit "sync" this will not happen, but if I disconnect the iPod and then re-connect it, then this happens.

Currently I am running iTunes 7.7.1 with iPod touch software 2.0.1. But this has occurred with iTunes 7.6 and 7.7 and iPod touch software 2.0.

Any ideas on what is happening??

Thanks in advance.

Apple Geek

Edited by Apple Geek

If you play any songs in iTunes while your iPod is unplugged or update any of the meta data associated with the songs in iTunes then it will re-copy them to the iPod the next time it is plugged in. This is very likely what it is.

I've played some podcasts on my computer but I have not played those songs. In fact, it is some songs that I haven't listened to for months (either on my computer or my iPod). So I don't thing that is what is going on.

Apple Geek