Sign in to follow this  
Jezlyn

Autosync podcasts without having to autosync whole iPod?

I really like the feature of being able to just connect my iPod and have the library synced up automatically. But it's really limiting as far as maintaining my whole library of music, because sometimes I like to switch out albums/songs and offload them to make more room for newer stuff or more podcasts.

Does anyone know if I turn off auto sync for the music library on the iPod, will the podcasts (in the purple "playlist") still autosync? It seems as though that podcast section is treated like its own entity for the most part, since the tracks in it are treated differently (bookmarkable, cannot sort all of the podcasts by date, automatically marked as played even though you haven't reached the end of the track, etc.), so I'm hoping that I can turn off the auto syncing for the whole iPod library and still have the podcast section updated automatically.

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, this can be done. Open up the ipod preferences, and select iPod when your iPod is connected

Then their should be a tab called 'podcasts'. you can set this to automatically update. Then go onto music and select manually update songs or update selected playlists only, which ever you want.

when you next plug in your ipod, the podcasts will sync, but not the whole library

-Wilf

Heh, I should've just looked at the iPod settings before posting. It's pretty obvious that what I was asking was possible. :oops: Thanks for replying to my stupid question without flaming me. :D