Sign in to follow this  
pagerbob

2.0 software upgrade on just purchased iPod touch?

Does it make any sense that I when I just purchased a brand new iPod touch, a Macbook, Applecare, etc. that I have to pay for the 2.0 upgrade? I think this is ridiculous. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this.

Thanks,

Where did you buy it from? Last time apple stores were discounting touches by however much the upgrade cost (so in effect you got the upgrade for free) until they got through their stock.

Yer, it should be for free cause you were only mean't to pay for the upgrade from 1.1.x. If you being made to be paid your being ripped off! If they insist just buy it without the upgrade and get it off a torrent site for free, like it should be for you.

I can confirm this. This happened to me. I called Apple and discussed this with them and they told me that you still have to pay for the 2.0 upgrade since it's considered a "preference" and not a requirement. It sucks big time. It's only $10, but there is still no need in it. It should be free. I'm pretty sure Leopard would have been considered a "preference" but if you bought a Mac with Tiger on it from Apple after Leopard was dropped, I'm sure they would have given you a free upgrade. Go figure.