Taity

Mail Smart Mailboxes

Hey guys,

I finally got around to setting up Mail, after several years. I always used my gmail account online and never used another program for it. But due to sending more and more e-mails rather than just receiving them I needed a better editor when writing e-mails.

So I set up Mail with my Gmail account using IMAP. Now I set up a smart box to catch certain e-mails into it. The problem is is duplicates them :S.

Picture%202.png

Now above you will see the smart mailbox has duplicated each e-mail. From what I can see it is catching them from two places. When I set up the IMAP account it copied all my inbox mails from gmail into my Inbox at the top and has made an exact copy of what my gmail account folders are at the bottom. Therefore it is catching all the mails in my Inbox at the top which syncs with gmail constantly and the copy at the bottom called All Mails.

Can anyone tell me why it does this? Can I stop it catching both copies?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Taity

Yes, what you need to do is tell your smart mailbox to exclude the messages from the Gmail's "ALL Mail" folder. This is why you are picking up duplicates.

I can't see an option in the edit seciton of the particular smart mailbox to exclude where it picks them up from. :S

create a new criteria, in the first drop down select "Mail is not in mailbox" and in the second drop down, select the "All Mail" folder on your google account.

Thanks so much!

Thats made my life so mich easier!

Ta :D