Sign in to follow this  
Sneazy

Bigger pictures

How do I get pictures on my iPod touch so that I can zoom in on them and see better detail? Right now itunes makes them small. Any Help?

-Cheers

When you have your iPod touch connected to iTunes, select it in the devices list and then click on the "Photos" tab. There you should be able to set up your iPod to sync photos from your computer. You just need to select where on your Mac your pictures will come from. BE WARNED: Syncing a lot of photos (I have about 1000 on my iPod touch) will take quite a long time.

I hope I didn't make this sound too confusing, but it isn't too hard to do.

If you need any more help you can search "Photos" in the iTunes Help Menu or just ask here, we'll be glad to help you out.

Apple Geek

Well I got the pictures in but I think itunes makes them smaller, I don't want that.

Edited by Sneazy

you have selected a photo right? i dont mean to sound patronizing, but the only reason i can think of a photo being small on the iphone/ipod touch is because you've opened the photos app and you're presented with the group of photos. select one, then it will go full screen and you can use the two finger pinch to zoom in.

OK I have a map in a folder, I select that folder in iTunes, It makes a folder called "iPod Photo Cache" I look on my iPod and I cant zoom in on them as much as I could on my computer. How do I put a picture here if it would help? Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Sneazy

To put a picture here on the site: click on insert image when you are typing your message, then insert the url where the picture is on the internet. (If it isn't on the internet, you will have to upload it -tinypic.com is a quick and easy website to do this).

I think that it would be more helpful if you give a step-by-step (VERY SPECIFIC) procedure of what you are doing. Some of your last posts are a little confusing.

Apple Geek

Ok. I Have the pictures on my iPod this ztqts.png is what it looks like in my computer zoomed in as far as I can to keep quality this is what it looks like on my iPod, it is so blurry. iTunes is doing something to the picture before it goes on my iPod but I don't want it to. Thanks, hope the picts help.

Edited by Sneazy

The other picture didn't go? here is the other 264nh5h.jpg

Edited by Sneazy

As long as you are selecting your folders in iTunes like this:

2ak0bol.png

then I'm not sure what else to do. It is possible that iTunes has to compress the pictures to a lower resolution for your iPod, thus degrading the quality.

Here is another thing you might be able to try. PLEASE NOTE: You will need to have iPod touch software 2.0 or higher to do this. From your iPod with Safari: find the picture on the internet (if that is where you originally got it), tap and hold your finger over the picture for a few seconds, a menu should pop up asking you if you want to save the picture or open the link, tap "save image" and it will be downloaded and saved in your photos on your iPod. This may keep the photo in its better quality state (I'm not sure).

I hope some of this helps.

Apple Geek