ramtha

Google anything you can highlight

I found this one by accident. Command + Shift + L will Google any text you currently have highlighted, even folder and file names, in a new Safari browser window.

Count me in as one who did not know this wickedly cool tip. Thank you.

I was amazed that I'd never found this one before. It's perfect, really.

Unfortunately, the only place I found it didn't work is in Mail. If you highlight part of a message and press Command + Shift + L it will mark the current message as "Flagged". But a very cool tip for other applications nonetheless!

Apple Geek

Unfortunately, the only place I found it didn't work is in Mail. If you highlight part of a message and press Command + Shift + L it will mark the current message as "Flagged". But a very cool tip for other applications nonetheless!

Apple Geek

Not sure of a keystroke to do it in mail if it conflicts with something already set (other then changing the hotkey for flagging), but if you highlight something and then Right Click it, then the second option you get is to search in Google (at least in Leopard, havent tried in Tiger.)

Not sure of a keystroke to do it in mail if it conflicts with something already set (other then changing the hotkey for flagging), but if you highlight something and then Right Click it, then the second option you get is to search in Google (at least in Leopard, havent tried in Tiger.)

Works for me in Tiger.

Wow that is so cool! I didn't know about this - thanks for sharing! :)