Sign in to follow this  
webkat

ipod touch - microphone?

Is there such a thing? I have searched on the internet & found a couple of articles which speak to the supposed capability of the ipod touch to use voice, but haven't found a definitive product available which will do just that. Does anyone have the ipod touch and use voice capability for the new apps such as Recorder or Voice Memo?

If you click through, it seems that it only works if you jailbreak your iPod touch. It seems it is not supported by Apple, who obviously want you to buy an iPhone to use a mobile call service.

I did see that link earlier. I too suspected I would have go jailbreak the touch, which I don't want to do.

As for the iphone, I am on my 2nd one now. I handed down my old one to a family member when I got the 3G. I wanted the touch for another family member who is too young for his own phone but enjoys playing with them so much, especially Recorder and Voice Notes. I thought it would help to preserve my own phone! Refurbished touch runs $199 now. I wonder if they are set to release another model which will incorporate voice.

I wonder if they are set to release another model which will incorporate voice.

Of course, we don't know what Apple is going to do with the touch, but it is unlikely that they are ever going to give it voice input. It would resemble the iPhone too much, which would create confusion among customers. I expect built-in GPS sooner than a built-in microphone.