Sign in to follow this  
eXtreme

My idea for the next gen iPod's

My idea for the next generation of iPods would be to have bluetooth support. I am not quite sure if my idea would work because of the bluetooth draining the battery.

The idea came about when i was at my local apple store where lots of people where asking about skin and cases for their iPods but never being happy cos you carn't dock them with the skins on. I know apple could fix this with making a bigger dock but that won't be good for people who don't use skins.

I feel if Apple take on this idea it could be come a great use. I am using a wireless Apple keyboard and mouse at this minute and i have found no problem with them. If Apple were to make a Bluetooth iPod i would get 1 and i am sure alot of other people would

Well thats my 2 cents, what do you guys think?

I've heard a few people suggest this, but not for docking to their computer, but for playing through car stereos (and maybe other stereos in the future). I think that if you were to sync your iPod via Bluetooth, it could take quite some time to do it. However, I don't know if that would deter people from doing it. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there that dont care how fast the music is transferred to the iPod, just as long as it gets there. I wouldn't mind if the first time I moved all the music to an iPod, it took 5 hours, I'd just let it do it's thing. And then, when you sync again, it wouldn't take too long at all. Especially if you could then connect it to your car stereo, without having to buy and iTrip or anything like that, I think this is an idea that could work pretty well.

Ya i agree. Maybe the first time i added my music to iPod i would use a cable cos bluetooth would not able to go at the speed USB2 goes at. but i would consider using it to a an album or to.

When i had my windows machine it took me about 5 hours to add about 2000 song (about 7.5gb) to my iPod and it took my mac 25 mins for the same amount which i thought was incredible. i was using USB1 on my windows and my mac has USB2 but i never thought it would be that quick.

I think bluetooth could be one of them things they put in but now make to much of a big deal about it as it wouldn't be good for big transfers but little ones it would be ideal

firewire is even faster that usb 2 but now apple only gives usb cable with their ipods which i think is just so freakin emo

i would love it to have bluetooth because my car has bluetooth...... im such a nerd

Nice! what car is it? I certainly don't mind to drive Audi A6 or the Acura TL. I'm sure there are more cars with BT these days.