Sign in to follow this  
vintagegeek

iTunes - "Keep File" or "Move to Trash" on Delete

When you delete a podcast/file in iTunes the default is "Keep File". I never want to keep a podcast I'm deleting. If I did I wouldn't be deleting it. HOW can I change the default to be the "MOVE TO TRASH" button? Thanks VG

I'm not sure how frequently you delete your podcasts, but you can tell iTunes to keep only a certain number of Podcasts, or even delete them after you are done listening to them. Go to iTunes/Preferences/Podcasts/Keep: [Menu]. This way iTunes will automatically delete the podcasts you don't want, and send the file to the trash - and you don't even have to go through a dialog box. Of course, if you want a certain feed to never delete the shows, just right-click on the feed and select "Do Not Auto Delete".

I know this doesn't set the default button to be "Move To Trash" like you wanted, but maybe this will work for what you are wanting to do.

I hope this helps.

Apple Geek

If you want to change the default so you can do the delete from the keyboard without reaching for the mouse, note that Command-M will answer the dialog as if you clicked on "Move to Trash". (Most dialog buttons can be handled from the keyboard with Command + the first letter of the button name.)