Sign in to follow this  
sonic84

iPOd Organization question

hello, I have more music than my little 4GB iPod mini can hold, I don't use playlists under iTunes, I deal with the Library directly. I would like to know if there is a way to automatically copy only the checked songs in my library to my iPod. for that matter is there a way to "hide" unchecked or sort by checked? thank you!

just go into the prefrences on iTunes and go to the iPod tab and at the bottom there is a check button saying "copy only checked songs" or something like that

I think that is what you mean if not i will be happy to help in any other way

That was the first thing I tried, I'll try it again, but origionally iTunes tried to copy all my songs over, failed, and created a partial playlist.

you can also just set it to Drag and Drop, in the iPod preferences. this way, you can just drag your selected over on to your iPod. you can also try creating a playlist called "iPod Playlist" (or something similar), and adding all the songs you want to this playlist. then, you can set the iPod to just sync this one playlist. these are both similar ways of doing what you would like to achieve.