Sign in to follow this  
2farrell

iPhone Email Push Stops Working

Has anyone else been afflicted by the Email Push not working the last couple of days.

I've tried a Chat with Apple Online Support (95 minutes on hold....what a joke!) and they gave me some crap that they don't know of anybody else having this issue.

Maybe they should read their own Forums. Three Pages in two days.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...=0&tstart=0

They told me the usual stuff which I'd already gone through. Checked my Wife's Phone and it has the same issue.

Then they had the cheek to say that maybe both our Phones are defective and should send them in for checking....HUH?

I'm sorry but MobileMe support reminds me too much of what Dell support turned into.

There has to be another avenue to get someone better at Apple to notice? The Online Chat is killing them and not working (no matter what they say).

i sent two test emails from my gmail to my mobileme. when my iphone is connected to wifi, it notifies me of the email about 15 seconds after i hit the send button on my mac. when i disable wifi, using 3G, my iphone notifies me about 7 seconds after i click send on my mac.

3G 2.2

some times mynew email is fetched in the background but most of the time I need to open my email and then all my new mail starts popping in from the past few hours.

Although I love all the other features of the phone, I think this is the most important one and it does not work!

Any suggestions?

Sorry 3G 2.1 version (I was just wishing 2.2 had come out and fixed my email problem)

3G 2.2

some times mynew email is fetched in the background but most of the time I need to open my email and then all my new mail starts popping in from the past few hours.

Although I love all the other features of the phone, I think this is the most important one and it does not work!

Any suggestions?

Push email both from our own server running Kerio and MobileMe are working as they should for me. Are you using wifi or the cellular connection? It might be a problem with your phone's persistent connection to the server.