maccastjoe

Just saw the new Microsoft Ad with Stienfield and Bill Gates

maccastjoe    0

Bill Gates being sold shoes and at the end asking if the PC's could be made soft and edible, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. One thing they can only go up from here. But I think MAC and PC have nothing to worry about.

car1son    0

Yeah, I saw that ad during the Giants-Redskins game... kind of puzzling just what the message is.

"The Future. Delicious." ?

roogie    1
lame lame lame,llama.

That's the best kinda advertisement, one that makes no sense and doesn't even mention a product. WTF were they thinking? They have to have the worst marketing dept ever. Even my wife (non-techy) was perplexed.

roog

That's the best kinda advertisement, one that makes no sense and doesn't even mention a product. WTF were they thinking? They have to have the worst marketing dept ever. Even my wife (non-techy) was perplexed.

roog

Yeah I know. If it weren't for Bill Gates being in it, I wouldn't have even known they were advertising for Microsoft.

Apple Geek    15

I thought the campaign was to promote/save Vista?? There is hardly a mention of the name Microsoft in the commercial let alone Vista! I just don't get it.

Apple Geek

groomsy57    0

I know everyone has criticized this commercial, but I happened to like it (but I like Seinfeld's sense of humor). I know it's not a very good advertisement from a *Show people Vista!* point of view, but I think it's an entertaining commercial. Could just be me being a bit of a Seinfeld fan though.

roogie    1
I know everyone has criticized this commercial, but I happened to like it (but I like Seinfeld's sense of humor). I know it's not a very good advertisement from a *Show people Vista!* point of view, but I think it's an entertaining commercial. Could just be me being a bit of a Seinfeld fan though.

I think that may be the problem, it's more reminiscent of Seinfeld than what it should be, a commercial selling a product.

roog

groomsy57    0
I think that may be the problem, it's more reminiscent of Seinfeld than what it should be, a commercial selling a product.

roog

My roommate and I are of the same opinion though: Regardless of what Microsoft put out, it was going to be a failure in everyone's eyes. If they put out anything resembling the Mac vs. PC ads, then they were going to catch flak for not being original. If they had a boring commercial with a slogan at the end, then everyone would criticize them for having a boring ad or picking a dumb slogan (although they typically do pick dumb slogans, i.e. "The 'wow' starts now"). Even if they put out an ad of tech people talking about how Vista is alright after the first Service Pack, it still wouldn't have been effective ("oh they are admitting the first iteration wasn't up to snuff"). I'll admit, this probably isn't the best advertisement ever, but I didn't think it was terrible.

The bottom line, they couldn't do anything to appease everyone with this ad and it's the first in a series of ads. Lets see where it's heading before we jump on the fail train.

joshr    0

odd but I have to admit that I found it funny. I loved the club card picture.