Dolphbucs

Upgrading iMac

Dolphbucs    2

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a refurb 24" 3.06 ghz iMac ( was marked down to $1899 online at the Apple Store ) ... going to give my "old" 20" 2.0 ghz Core Duo White to my parents to replace their PC laptop they have been using as a desktop ..... everyone wins.

roogie    1
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a refurb 24" 3.06 ghz iMac ( was marked down to $1899 online at the Apple Store ) ... going to give my "old" 20" 2.0 ghz Core Duo White to my parents to replace their PC laptop they have been using as a desktop ..... everyone wins.

You can't go wrong with a refurb, I think many people think they may have blemishes etc, but they are top notch. I have a refurb TV, 5th gen iPod, Airport Extreme, and MacBook Pro and have never had an issue with any of them.

Congrats!

roog

Dolphbucs    2

Absolutely. I have gotten several refurbs in the past also. And the $300 savings made it a no brainer. ( Think about it ... I got 120 GB more HD space, 256 mb more VRAM, and the faster processor for just $100 when compared to a non-refurb low-end 24 " ). And I agree about the quality. For example, I know for a fact that the MacPro 8 cores (50 of them ) that were used in the Kodak Image Center at the Olympics will be sold as refurbs .... and I can tell you they were in performing great when they left China.

Edited by Dolphbucs

Dolphbucs    2

Just an update .. have had the new 24" iMac for about a month now .... Running like a dream and using bootcamp to run Vista Home Premium. Very Pleased.

Taity    0

Seriously considering getting a refurbed iMac to update the ones I have. Think i'll wait until there is an update on the current ones as the ones they sell as refurbished on the current spec may be a bit lower in price on top.

Dolphbucs    2

If you are waiting for an iMac update, I doubt that will happen before MacWorld in Jan. But like you said, it is just to upgrade your existing herd .... sounds like you can afford to wait.