joshr

Exchange

Is there anyway to connect to an exchange server besides enterouge? I have office but only the home & student edition. IMAP is not enabled.

EDIT: Another option would be to forward the emails to another address that has an IMAP option. I don't want to use my personal gmail account though. Would you say the best thing to do is just to open a gmail account or is there anything that I can use just to bounce emails around?

Edited by joshr

I use entourage 2004 at work with the company's exchange servers. It works fine (dare I say good), so there's no reason why the new version wouldn't work. My office also has Outlook Web Access running on exchange which allows you to log into and email from any browser. Not nearly as nice as using a dedicated mail program, but it does work.

Edited by rmsmits

I use entourage 2004 at work with the company's exchange servers. It works fine (dare I say good), so there's no reason why the new version wouldn't work. My office also has Outlook Web Access running on exchange which allows you to log into and email from any browser. Not nearly as nice as using a dedicated mail program, but it does work.

I can log in via the webmail but I want something dedicated. With no IMAP support you have to use Entourage and it seems you need the Full edition of Office 2008 to get that functionality. The home student edition has everything the full version has, except for exchange support. What your using now means that your company, unless I misunderstand, has IMAP support enabled. It's a simple switch but requires knowledgeable IT people who actually work to help the users.

All versions of Entourage 2004 work with exchange. The difference between the home and full versions came in with Office 2008. Or blackmail them into enabling IMAP and use mail...

All versions of Entourage 2004 work with exchange. The difference between the home and full versions came in with Office 2008. Or blackmail them into enabling IMAP and use mail...

Turns out that microsoft will accept returns on open products within 45 days. So I am returning the home/student version and I will have the standard edition by tomorrow. That will get me the privilege of using entourage for email.

BTW did something change in the forum software?

Edited by joshr

Turns out that microsoft will accept returns on open products within 45 days. So I am returning the home/student version and I will have the standard edition by tomorrow. That will get me the privilege of using entourage for email.

BTW did something change in the forum software?

I got my new version of office but I don't know all the settings I need. Does anyone know exchange/outlook really well. I need to be able to look at the outlook account and get everything I need.

I got my new version of office but I don't know all the settings I need. Does anyone know exchange/outlook really well. I need to be able to look at the outlook account and get everything I need.

joshr did you ever get this set up and working?

joshr did you ever get this set up and working?

I did for the most part. I still need someone to output a root certificate from the exchange server so that I can be gone with an annoying warning when it starts. It works otherwise though. I got the settings from another mac that had entourage.