Sign in to follow this  
Allizard

Sync with a shared library.

I haven't try this yet but I wonder if it's possible at all.

Since my wife now gets her own iMac. I can off load her songs from my Powerbook to make room. However, I would still like to listen some of her songs in her library. So is it possible using my iTunes and drag her shared songs into my ipods Photos?

BTW... I'm pretty sure I can't do this on iPhoto.

do you mean "shared songs", like the networking thing? where you can see and play other people's songs on your network? i highly doubt that you can drag them onto you iPod for playing. the thing about the network sharing is that you can play them, but not copy them (due to copyright restrictions, all that fun stuff). therefore, i doubt you can add them to your iPod, because it would be just like getting a copy of the song for your own.

I see your point but that doesn't stop me from plugging my iPod to my wife's imac and copy the songs from her iTunes. It's just over the network that's all.

yeah, but I think the idea that Apple has behind it is to kinda share music with people you don't know. one great example of a perfect use was for me last year in the dorms. everybody in my building was on the same network, and everyone left their iTunes open so we could all listen to each other's music. however, I didn't personally know each and every one, and I couldn't get an actual copy of the song from them. either way, I don't think it is at all possible to get a copy of the song over the network, either downloaded or to the iPod. i recall hearing that there was third party software that can download the MP3s from other computers on the network, but that doesn't help you, because, as you said, you have access to the MP3s on your wife's computer. i think you're stuck either without the MP3s, or with them on both of your machines.

Ya, Apple is pretty internet on keeping the iTunes music share to listening only. You cant even listen to iTunes Music Store purchased music without first entering that users password before streaming the song. I dont know why you have to get songs from inside iTunes, you can turn on Filesharing and just logging through the network and take the songs. With the Apple Filesharing you can can even view the iPod from the other computer.

if you want to get your songs off the iPod you can use iPodRip at Versiontracker.com

Ya, Apple is pretty internet on keeping the iTunes music share to listening only.

haha... "intent" was the world you were looking for, I think....