Sign in to follow this  
dmeyer

Mobile Broadband with Router

I have a Verizon USB Mobile Broadband Modem. This works great when you plug it into a single computer. However, I would like to share the connection via a router.

I'd like to use an AirPort Express as I already have two of them. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I'm assuming it won't do anything if I plug it directly into the USB on the APE. However, I would be willing to consider a different router that supports this function. If I looked for a router on Newegg that supported that, what would be the feature name to look for?

Is there a USB to ethernet adapter of some sort available?

I already know about plugging the modem into a computer then sharing that connection with ICS and ethernet, but I'd rather not have an extra computer running if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Daniel

I have a Verizon USB Mobile Broadband Modem. This works great when you plug it into a single computer. However, I would like to share the connection via a router.

I'd like to use an AirPort Express as I already have two of them. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I'm assuming it won't do anything if I plug it directly into the USB on the APE. However, I would be willing to consider a different router that supports this function. If I looked for a router on Newegg that supported that, what would be the feature name to look for?

Is there a USB to ethernet adapter of some sort available?

I already know about plugging the modem into a computer then sharing that connection with ICS and ethernet, but I'd rather not have an extra computer running if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Daniel

Does it not have an ethernet out?

If it has ethernet out just plug that into the WAN port on the router.