Sign in to follow this  
iamhannah

Address Book Disappeared

So my friend believes her 4 year old daughter got ride of her Address Book on accident. I did a spotlight search and the Address Book doesn't show. The metadata is still in the folder under users with the contacts but the application itself is gone. Is there a way to get it back? Please help.

You should be able to copy the app over from another Mac, and if you can't do that, a basic reinstall of OS X (which doesn't wipe user data) will bring it back.

Even easier than that. Grab an app called Pacifist, stick your OS X dvd in your mac, and you can extract Address Book.app from /System/Installation

Where the app lives is a matter of trial and error, but it's likely to be in Essentials.pkg

Even easier than that. Grab an app called Pacifist, stick your OS X dvd in your mac, and you can extract Address Book.app from /System/Installation

Where the app lives is a matter of trial and error, but it's likely to be in Essentials.pkg

I found and downloaded the Pacifist application earlier this week to troubleshoot some iChat problems. The application allows you to install desired package (s) off of the install disk (s) while the OS is running. Make sure you have full Time Machine Super Duper or Carbon Copy cloner backups before doing something like this. It never hurts to have backups. The Pacifist is shareware. If you find is useful the developer asks that you donate $20. It is a superb, well written, and polished application. If you need any further assistance just post a reply.