Sign in to follow this  
mactron

iPod Touch question -- Syncing question, Friend with a Touch using PC - wants to sync Google Calendars

So I have a rather techie friend who bought a Touch (original - not the new ones). He's got Windows XP undies and pajamas and several pairs of socks - real big on the XP love - and yes, we've had our OS religion debates.

Anyway, he asked me a while back, if there was an easy way to sync his Touch with his Google calendars. He keeps an Outlook calendar for work and syncs to that no problem, but he wants to keep his personal calendars on Google separate -- and he wants to use the Touch for his personal calendars. He says if there is no other solution, then he'll just dump his personal stuff into Outlook and blur the lines between personal and work . . . but wanted me to ask here first.

So I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck syncing calendars with Google's Sunbird calendar app? Can you sync to that? p_up.gif

p_mq_add.gif

Well firstly, Sunbird is made by mozilla (sorry to be pedantic), and secondly, without some kind of exchange server doing some magic, an iPhone / iPod touch will only sync with iCal / Outlook. You could however use google calendars as a web app?

:o Oops!! Mozilla's Sunbird application -- give credit where credit is due!

So then there is no way to change the application which syncs calendars. Nuts. There's some room for improvement, Apple, OR, even better, some independent developer to code some spoofer app or extension to iTunes.

Thanks for the reply :)

Well firstly, Sunbird is made by mozilla (sorry to be pedantic), and secondly, without some kind of exchange server doing some magic, an iPhone / iPod touch will only sync with iCal / Outlook. You could however use google calendars as a web app?