ronnie

OEM memory

Hey everyone.

Gotta get some more RAM for my Power Mac G5 ... how crucial is it to order the OEM cards, or can I get other brands, as long as they fit the same specs (and save some $$)? I know sometimes brands matter a lot (like with hard drives) and sometimes not so much.

Thanks for your opinions.

I just go with crucial. They're generally one of the better priced brands, and their memory is always quality stuff.

Hey everyone.

Gotta get some more RAM for my Power Mac G5 ... how crucial is it to order the OEM cards, or can I get other brands, as long as they fit the same specs (and save some $$)? I know sometimes brands matter a lot (like with hard drives) and sometimes not so much.

Thanks for your opinions.

I've always bought memory from Datamem.com and OWC (macsales.com) and I've never had an issue. I'm not sure about specific stuff as far as the cards for the G5s but I'm sure if there were problems we'd have heard about it.

roog

I've purchased third party RAM for each of my last two iMacs with no problems at all. ( Bought it from crucial )

Another vote for Data Memory Systems or Other World Computing. I've used them many times and never had a problem. I've been using Macs since 1985 and have never purchased extra RAM direct from Apple and I've never had a problem.

Edited by RailRider