Sign in to follow this  
MT9260

iPod backup freeware?

Hey guys my ipod wont sync with my computer, and i have a lot of music, photos, and podcasts on my 30gb ipod photo. I just restored my PC and i didn't backup my music. All my music is now on my ipod and i was wondering if you knew anyways for me to import or backup songs from my ipod. So i cant sync, and my computer wont even recognize my ipod, i have reset my ipod, and reinstalled itunes and ipod software but nothing is working. So is there anything that is free or anyway i can copy songs from my ipod? Thanks guys!

I believe Senuti does what you are looking to do. "Senuti is a simple utility that makes transferring songs from an iPod to your computer quick and easy." I don't know, I've never done it. I just use Senuti to play MP3s through my computer when my iPod is attached and I don't have my MP3 files with me (external USB HD).

Hi, you say you've used senuti? Can you tell me if it will work for me?

I have my ipod with playlists that i use, I don't use the album menu at all.

So I really need to back it up to my hard drive so that in case I loose my ipod I could just drag it back to a new ipod. would this work?

Hi, you say you've used senuti? Can you tell me if it will work for me?

I have my ipod with playlists that i use, I don't use the album menu at all.

So I really need to back it up to my hard drive so that in case I loose my ipod I could just drag it back to a new ipod. would this work?

How did you get the playlists made on your iPod? With iTunes? Then, shouldn't they already be on your computer?

Anyways... I don't think that Senuti can copy your playlists over, just your MP3s... I found another program that imports songs from iPod to computer (there are a ton of them out there) called iPodRip, and it looks like this one does support playlist importing... hopefully this will help you out.