kman101

VMWare Fusion RAM Usage

Hi

I'll be ordering a new MacBook soon, and I'm wondering how much RAM space VMWare Fusion takes up on the computer? I'll be running Windows XP under fusion, and I'm not sure wether to get the 2GB or 4GB RAM.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks!

-Kyle

Hi

I'll be ordering a new MacBook soon, and I'm wondering how much RAM space VMWare Fusion takes up on the computer? I'll be running Windows XP under fusion, and I'm not sure wether to get the 2GB or 4GB RAM.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks!

-Kyle

Honestly, get the 4GB. It's not that VMWare takes up that much, Virtual Machines do, but only when they are running. But 4GB of RAM is going to be an overall more pleasant experience no matter what. If you can afford it, get the 4GB.

J

Honestly, get the 4GB. It's not that VMWare takes up that much, Virtual Machines do, but only when they are running. But 4GB of RAM is going to be an overall more pleasant experience no matter what. If you can afford it, get the 4GB.

J

I can afford i, its just that I'm thinking of just getting the 2GB, and then get 4GB if I find that I need it. I'm a student, so it's not like I'm doing pro photography or anything.

Really, with any Mac you buy, more RAM is better (probably true with heathen boxes, too).

I don't know about the new MacBooks, but if personal installation is doable, just get the basic and install the RAM yourself. You'll surely want whatever the MAX is and it's always much cheaper to get from a reliable (Crucial, OWC, etc) vendor.