Nigel Rumsey

please help - my wireless stopped working

Hi I do hope you can help, I've spent all day on this. Yesterday my wireless suddenly started dropping signal. I should have said this is on a Macbook 18 months old, same router, it's been working like a dream for 18 months.

I'm sitting right next to the router with a signal a 90%. If I turn the airport off and turn it on again it's OK for a few minutes (only 2 or 3) and then it drops the signal. I've had IStumbler running, changed the channel, I don't know what else to do.

I did by an ipod touch yesterday but I can't thnk that would have anything to do with it. I'd really appreciate some help.

thanks

Nigel

You might want to consider expanding the range of IPs your router distributes. Sometimes, adding a device to the network makes everything wonky.

You might want to consider expanding the range of IPs your router distributes. Sometimes, adding a device to the network makes everything wonky.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, I've tried that but no change I'm afraid.

If anyone else has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Nigel

Changed channels?

Assuming the iPod works ok, I'd try resetting the P-RAM (95% of the time it doesn't do anything, but occasionally it does the trick). Otherwise, it sounds like a classic case of "needs a repair". There seems to have been quite a few macbooks of the same age of yours that have loose airport antennae (well, I've been had a few at work anyway...).