firebird06

Artwork for videos

In beginning to digitize my movie collection I've run into a problem I wasn't expecting. Getting artwork that either matches what iTunes hands out, or browsing the web for the closest thing to that. I've so far had to search for images with mixed results (such as X-Men 2 having the credit text in the bottom vs. iTunes clean copy). Is there a list of ID3 tags iTunes requires to grab the "album art" for videos?

In beginning to digitize my movie collection I've run into a problem I wasn't expecting. Getting artwork that either matches what iTunes hands out, or browsing the web for the closest thing to that. I've so far had to search for images with mixed results (such as X-Men 2 having the credit text in the bottom vs. iTunes clean copy). Is there a list of ID3 tags iTunes requires to grab the "album art" for videos?

Apple makes it difficult to grab the higher resolution versions of its artwork. There was a website that allowed you to do it, but Apple has since changed the way the iTunes site works, so the other website no longer works. I prefer to use the actual movie posters for films that I rip. A great source for these is:

http://www.impawards.com/

The other choice is to grab DVD covers from Amazon or other stores that sell DVDs.

With a quick Google search I found this thread that has a few DVD covers (not sure what ones you were looking for) and I also found a link to this application. I personally don't have any experience with this app but you might want to give it a try.

I hope this information is helpful.

Apple Geek

BTW: The Google search I used was "iTunes Artwork for Movies".