Johanna

Won't react. "Freeze"

I had this problem with my old nano. Where it would just stop reacting and be freezed to the same image until the power went out and then I could charge it and it would start over. If I plug it to the mac it's like the iPod is dead.

It really annoys me, and especially since i just got the new nano a week ago.

What can I do?

Edited by Johanna

Do you have any more info such as what you were doing just before it freezes or anything that you do to trigger the freeze? Also, you can hard-reset the device by 1. Toggling the Hold switch on and off (slide it to HOLD and then back) and by 2. Holding the Menu and Center button for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Hope this helps, but some more information may be helpful in helping pinpoint the problem.

Apple Geek

I took it up and was going to plug it unto my mac. (I'm sorry that I can't be more specific)

I have tied that method, but it doesn't work.

And on top of that it has random "stops".

Example:

I'm listening to a song and push the Hold Switch button. after a while the music stops, like someone turned it off and when I turn the button back it continues form where it left like nothing happened.

It's real annoying.

Edited by Johanna

Since the Nano is fairly new, I would first do a Restore and reload to see if that helps.

Without lots more details it's hard to say whether the problem is hardware, software or file related.

Or, if an Apple Store is near, you could see a Genius and maybe get a replacement