saxhorn

audiobooks in music folder

I download audiobooks as mp3 files from my local library. They are imported into iTunes (8) as music genre, and I have to reset them as audiobooks in the info/options window. Then I drag them into my iPod (3rd gen.). Once they are there I again must reset the genre to audiobook from music. They show up on my desktop iTunes/iPod/Audiobook folder. However, and here's the problem, on my iPod they are in the music folder, not the audiobook folder. How can I get them into my audiobook folder on my iPod?

I'm not sure you can. How about just making a separate playlist for them and titling it 'Audiobooks/ipod"?

I download audiobooks as mp3 files from my local library. They are imported into iTunes (8) as music genre, and I have to reset them as audiobooks in the info/options window. Then I drag them into my iPod (3rd gen.). Once they are there I again must reset the genre to audiobook from music. They show up on my desktop iTunes/iPod/Audiobook folder. However, and here's the problem, on my iPod they are in the music folder, not the audiobook folder. How can I get them into my audiobook folder on my iPod?

I'm not sure you can. How about just making a separate playlist for them and titling it 'Audiobooks/ipod"?

Yes, that's easy to do. So, podcasts and audiobooks that are automatically transferred by iTunes go to the correct playlist. How do we manually cause this to happen, and how to we set the self downloaded podcasts and audiobooks to be transferred with the other files?

Not totally sure, but I think it takes software to set the tags properly. I'm fairly sure there is an ID3 tag on those files which can't easily be set.

Since that didn't seem worth the hassle, I just use playlists to organize ALL my Podcasts and Audiobooks, not just those 'normally' obtained.