mobilexile

Apple TV users -- opinions requested

I'm considering purchasing an Apple TV and am curious to hear thoughts and experiences from owners. Do you like your Apple TV? Do you dislike it? Does it meet your expectations? Have you installed Boxee? If so, how is it working for you?

Thank you for any and all feedback.

We love our TV, we got it mainly to keep our kid's DVD movies out of reach of the kids. I installed Boxee/XMBC and it's been working well, I wish the TV had more horsepower to work with the Netflix add-on.

I'm not one to usually buy TV content, but I did buy a Season Pass for the Star Wars: Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network. Our cable's DVR box shows in in standard def but it looks bad compared to the standard def content on iTunes.

We bought a refurb'd 160gb for $279 they are still on the Apple Store.

roog

We like our ATV. It's a great way to get HD content on our tv. My on;y complaint has been the lack of video playlist capabilities, but the latest update apparently fixes that (haven't had a chance to try it).

I love my AppleTV. I actually don't put any content on it, I just stream my content from my iMac G5 over a 802.11g network and it works great. Combine the power of AppleTV with my MigliaTV Max and Turbo.264 and it is a match made in heaven. For me, the AppleTV is the second best Apple product I own behind my iPhone Edge.

I also love our Apple TV. I buy a lot of TV shows instead of having a DVR. Standard definition shows look really good and HD shows like Legend of the Seeker look amazing. One feature the whole family enjoys is the screen saver using our photo library. It's like a giant digital photo frame.

I also love our Apple TV. I buy a lot of TV shows instead of having a DVR. Standard definition shows look really good and HD shows like Legend of the Seeker look amazing. One feature the whole family enjoys is the screen saver using our photo library. It's like a giant digital photo frame.

This is a feature we enjoy also, we have over 15,000 photos on ours so it's like a new show every time!

roog

It really is the perfect machine for people with little kids. As Roog says you don't have to fiddle with DVDs and if you buy a few TV shows you can flip to them in a snap. I could gush on and on all day about the Apple TV. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! Sounds like I need an Apple TV ... on order ...

Edited by mobilexile