loudog

Custom Email Notifications

OK.......Here is the deal.

We have Blacberries at work.....just so happens I am in charge of the phones.

I am able to get an iPhone only if I can make this happen...if not....I will be stuck with my Curve 8310 forever.

I work in IT (I bet you figured that out with my above statement) and I get Help Desk tickets through email. What I need to be able to do is know that the emails are Help Desk Tickets.

The emails are sent with a high priority and we are able to handled by our Blackberries as a "Level 1 Notification" and this has a different tone that the usual email. We also have setup that if the email is from a certain address they are marked as Level 1 and have the separate tone.

Is there a way to have different ringtones for either different addresses or high priority messages? The other high priority messages are so far and few that false positives are a non issue to me.

You can't change the email tone on a standard phone. If you jailbroke it, it might be possible. I've not jailbroken my 3g so I couldn't tell you.

I've not seen a perfect solution for this problem whether the phone is jail broken or not.

Without jail breaking your phone you could create a new contact with an email address associated, say 'Level 1 Notification.' You could then forward any and all mails that fit that profile to this email account and assign a unique ringtone to that account.

Make sense?

Sounds like a good idea for an app to me, once the push notification feature comes out.

Sounds like a good idea for an app to me, once the push notification feature comes out.

iBluesky -- Is that your application?