Tobz

Connect Macbook to older television

I have a Macbook, and I was wondering how to connect this to my television to view video clips etc. ALl I think there is at the back of my TV is a SCART socket. What do I need to do to get video and audio from my laptop to come through my television?

Thanks in advance :)

I have never encountered a TV the uses the SCART socket before, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

To start off, your macbook (I'm assuming the intel and plastic shell one) has a "mini-display port" that had adapters provided by apple and other vendors that can convert that signal to: DVI, VGA, S-Video and composite video. Also the SCART can handle video AND audio so you will also need a audio splicer that has a male 3.5mm stereo audio jack that splits into the stereo red and white pair (commonly used in stereo equipment) then you will need a "mini-display port" to composite video (the yellow plug that looks just like the red and white ones from the audio cable.) and on top of that you will need a "Multi AV PERITEL/SCART connector"

here is a link to a photo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Multicon...-scart-chti.jpg

now the downside: I have NO idea where to purchase such an accessory and from the data I've read it seems that it is only available in france and other central european countries. (although e-bay and newegg.com are always a good place to start)

also this will end up costing you roughly 15 for the audio cable, 50 for the mini-display port to video, and (im guessing) about 100 for the SCART adaprtor.

good luck with the set-up Tobz