Apple Geek

The video that will make you cry

Microsoft held a press conference Wednesday and unveiled Windows 7. I won't talk too much about that but Microsoft is creating a new app called Songsmith which is apparently supposed to target Apple's GarageBand. You can read this article on Appleinsider for more information. But MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE VIDEO at the bottom. Try no to cringe too much.

Best part: "Microsoft, huh? So it's pretty easy to use?"

Discuss here.

Apple Geek

P.S. Why does the little girl's laptop look suspiciously like a MacBook Pro?!?

The music teacher in me is intrigued by Songsmith's ability to figure out which chord structure to use based on the pitches you are singing. i'm sure it works really great with a melody someone has written. i wonder how well it would work with someone less of a sense of pitch and contour.

Other than that...wow. and not the good kind of wow.

NEGATIVES:

1: That is a MacBook Pro! damn, Microsoft even knows that apple computers are better looking.

2: I don't know about you guys but it looks really.... confusing. Every-time they showed the screen I didn't know what I was looking at.

3: "Microsoft, huh? so its pretty easy to use" - most ironic line ever!

4: Probably has the same level of customizability and intelligence as "Magic Garageband"

POSITIVES:

1: windows people will be making asses of themselves and recording it for us to watch!

Step one: Songsmith

Step two: ???

Step Three: PROFIT!!!!!

Why does the little girl's laptop look suspiciously like a MacBook Pro?!?

Because it is??? If you look really close you can even see the the stem from the top of the apple poking out from behind one of the stickers.

And did anyone else catch the fact that the little girl's name is " Lisa " ? LOL

Because it is??? If you look really close you can even see the the stem from the top of the apple poking out from behind one of the stickers.

And did anyone else catch the fact that the little girl's name is " Lisa " ? LOL

I'm not sure why her name being Lisa is funny.

But that was by far the worst product endorsement video I have ever seen. . . ever.

I'm not sure why her name being Lisa is funny.

But that was by far the worst product endorsement video I have ever seen. . . ever.

The Lisa used to be an Apple computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa

And yes, my ears are now bleeding after listening to that.

roog