Sign in to follow this  
Iy42

RIA

Different RIA's   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer (all that apply)

• Flex
    • Silverlight
    • Ajax
    • Laszlo
    • Xul
    • Xaml
    • Other?

I would like your opinions on which of these you think is the best for developing RIA's.

Flex and silverlight can kiss my furry little butt. I had a demo of silverlight from an MS employee before it was released. I've never seen someone so excited about an app to customise a car. Absolutely pathetic.

I would like your opinions on which of these you think is the best for developing RIA's.

There is no one right answer or one "best" technology. It depends on what needs to be developed, who is developing it, and a variety of other factors.

For the project I am working on now, we have decided to use Flex for much of our RIA development. It's not ideal for all situations, but we have a large number of developers of varying skill levels. We have requirements to hand this code off to other teams for ongoing support. We have an intranet app and not an internet app, etc. Our assessment of the options out there today were that Flex was right for us based on our specific requirements. If requirements were different, we would come up with a different answer.