Sign in to follow this  
appleinfl

iMac Blue Delmation won't start up.

Just got a used iMac G3 Blue Dalmation with a strange issue. As soon as I turn it on, I get the flashing question mark. The first thing I did was to boot it up in target disk mode. And to my surprise, the HD showed up on my PowerBook G4 when connected via FireWire. I was even able to boot up panther off of the HD in the iMac on the PowerBook. So next thing I did was to replace the HD and try to install OS X. The problem is that when I hold down the option key to select the install CD, it shows up but when I click on it and hit the select button, the CD disappears and it pops up a few seconds later. So I can't even boot from a CD. I've tried from both the internal CD drive and an external DVD drive. I've even replaced the PRAM battery & that didn't help. I have posted this on the apple forms as well but they were no help. Check my posting on Apple's site to see if I've already tried your soloution. Any help would be great as this machine is making me pull my hair out! thanks! Apple discussion is here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...65&tstart=0

Can you put your PB into target disk mode and boot the imac from that? If not, I'd suggest a dodgy logic board.

Can you put your PB into target disk mode and boot the imac from that? If not, I'd suggest a dodgy logic board.

Nope. Any Idea where I can get a new logic board as I really want to get this thing running.