Walter Koch

saving more than 1 episode of padcast on ITouch

Greetings,

I have recently begun listening to coffee break spanish podcast on my itouch (2g). I am trying to find out how I can save more than 1 episode to my Ipod at a time with out saving all of them to my ipod. I manually check around 3 episdoes at a time but when I synch it, it only saves the most recent one. Not sure if there is a way to do this or not and when I used the search function I didn't find anything.

Walt

Go into the Podcasts Tab on your iPod device menu in iTunes, and you can choose a number of sync options from the dropdown menu.

I prefer to have more control over it though, and it sounds like you do too. All I do is check the box on the Summary tab that says "Sync only checked songs and videos." Then you should be able to do what you're already doing: Check the boxes for the podcasts you want on the iPod, and when you don't want them on there anymore just uncheck them.

Go into the Podcasts Tab on your iPod device menu in iTunes, and you can choose a number of sync options from the dropdown menu.

I prefer to have more control over it though, and it sounds like you do too. All I do is check the box on the Summary tab that says "Sync only checked songs and videos." Then you should be able to do what you're already doing: Check the boxes for the podcasts you want on the iPod, and when you don't want them on there anymore just uncheck them.

Jlambo,

Thank you for your response. I have all ready tried syncing only checked songs and videos, it will only save one episode at a time as I remember it. I would like to be able to save 3 or 4 episodes to my Ipod so I can go back to them with out having to hook up my Ipod to my computer and re-synch it everytime I want to change an episode.

Walt

Did you try this part?? This will more than likely fix your problem. Make sure that the part circled in this picture below is set to something like "3 most recent", "5 most recent", "all", or whatever...

10qykw3.png

Apple Geek

I've been managing my podcasts semi-manually since before iTunes really even supported podcasts. I have a smart playlist that uses Genre - Podcasts and a Blank Grouping tag. Once I've listened to a podcasts I change the grouping tag to Heard. If I download one and don't want to listen yet I have a tag of Later.

I name my Smart Playlist _Podcasts so it appears at the top of the playlist listing.

Been working well for me for several years.