Sign in to follow this  
podgirl

new iPod shuffle

If anyone gets one and uses it for podcasts, could you please let me know if it works well? I've never found it convenient to have to manually drag podcasts onto the shuffle before.

Man, is the new shuffle ever tiny!

I don't know for sure, but since you can place playlists on this model, I would think that you could make a smart playlist in iTunes of your favorite podcasts and have it sync automatically.

Thanks. I would think that would work too. I'd buy a new shuffle right now if it weren't for the persistent rumours of some new touch screen product. So many shiny gadgets, so little money. :D

Rumor or not a 10" touch screen isn't going to compete with a $79 Ipod Shuffle.

Pfft, I got fed up with waiting. I've got a £300 Dell Mini 9 coming next week that will be running OS X as soon as I can manage it. Who needs an apple netbook when you can make one yourself?

Pfft, I got fed up with waiting. I've got a £300 Dell Mini 9 coming next week that will be running OS X as soon as I can manage it. Who needs an apple netbook when you can make one yourself?

A friend of mine has a 10 inch hackintosh and it's quite impressive.

I ended up picking up a new shuffle--couldn't resist.

A friend of mine has a 10 inch hackintosh and it's quite impressive.

I ended up picking up a new shuffle--couldn't resist.

So don't keep us in suspense, did your podcast plan work?

Oh sorry, we're on holiday in the States so I have to wait until we get home tomorrow to try it out. Will post an update then.

So, Dolphbucs was right--making a Smart Playlist works well for the new shuffle. If you don't do that the shuffle does have a podcast option, but they all get lumped together. I have 5 Smart Playlists for my podcasts (ie., MacCast, MacBreak Weekly, etc.) and they are sorted alphabetically with my regular music playlists. Therefore, if you don't mind the Apple earbuds and like to listen to podcasts while on the move, I'd say it's a good buy. Plus you can use it as a hair clip in a pinch, if your hair is driving you nuts. :blink: