iRMac

How to change iTunes skin in Leopard.

I would love to change my iTunes skin on leopard to a slick black but can't find a place to download skins or teach me how to. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

IRM

That's what I thought when I first read the post. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, skinning has never been that popular on Mac apps.

Skins does seem to be more of a Windows thing (I think, because Windows isn't as naturally good-looking as Mac OS) but I did find this - Mac GUI City - which might fit the thought.

Wow Huskermn, that is exactely what I wanted, thankyou every much, much now I open the file and it contains darktunes.rtf and itunes.rsrc. What should I do from here any more ideas?

The website doesn't tell you how this skin should be applied. It has instructions for other items but not for iTunes skins. Plus, even if it had instructions I would be very careful ... note that the skin you speak of is designed for iTunes 7.6, and iTunes current version is 8.1. The way the skin is applied is that you probably have to replace a file within the iTunes pkg with the downloaded file but there is probably a reason why more people don't skin iTunes on a Mac. I wouldn't mess with it .... it could cause you issues in the future.

I make no claims to knowing anything about how it works. I just found what I thought might be the desired information.

If I were IRMac, I'd subscribe to the forum where the file(s) reside and learn from that community.

I'd also ask about the issues Dolphbucs raises.

Personally, I'm not interested in skins, in general, but I am an old geek.

The website doesn't tell you how this skin should be applied. It has instructions for other items but not for iTunes skins. Plus, even if it had instructions I would be very careful ... note that the skin you speak of is designed for iTunes 7.6, and iTunes current version is 8.1. The way the skin is applied is that you probably have to replace a file within the iTunes pkg with the downloaded file but there is probably a reason why more people don't skin iTunes on a Mac. I wouldn't mess with it .... it could cause you issues in the future.

I actually tried this out of curiosity's sake, and I couldn't get it to work. iTunes would crash upon launch. I am by no means saying that I did it correctly, but by replacing the file already in the iTunes package with the one I downloaded, it did not work. But luckily, a simple replace of the original file and all was normal again. ;)

Apple Geek