Sign in to follow this  
joshr

Post To Facebook Button

Maybe not the best place for this but hey, you never know. I am pulling my hair out and this should be such a simple thing. I am building a small, temporary, site and I want to add a post to facebook button. That part was no problem. I have it working. The problem is that I want to control the info it pulls off the page. Following the directions here http://www.facebook.com/share_partners.php it would seem it's as easy as adding three meta tags. Nope. I placed the three tags below the title tag and it completely ignores them. Doesn't matter what I put there, I even tried pasting exactly what they have on their site, it just grabs the same random stuff. Any suggestions?

A link to the page you're working on would help. If you don't want it to be public, email me the link.

Honestly I am too ashamed :). I did actually get it figured out though. They have some kind of delay or cache or something. I had everything right but because I tested it before setting it up correctly it only pulled the cached info. A day or so later it's working as it should. Thanks for the offer though.