Sign in to follow this  
ally

Videos on to iPod touch

hi

Just brought a iPod touch second hand and im not sure how to transfer my videos from my computer to iPod as i did not get a user guid with it. And do i need to use any formatting program for it or dose it take avi?

You need to get the videos into iTunes - once they're in there it's a matter of ticking the box and it's on your ipod. You will need to convert the videos into mp4, but there are loads of apps that will do that. My favourites are Quicktime Pro and VisualHub (if you can find it), but I'm sure the others will have their own preferred apps.

Manual: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPod_touc...tures_Guide.pdf

The new version 0.9.3 of Handbrake ( http://handbrake.fr/ ) will now convert most video file formats (e.g. avi, mkv, wmv, dv, flv) to something suitable for iTunes / iPod. That makes it a nice, free replacement for the now defunct VideoHub & iSquint video converters.

However, the new Handbrake will no longer decrypt a DVD (deCSS is gone.) That makes it compliant with anti-circumvention laws without arguing about fair use; though it's also less convenient, as it now needs to be used in combo with MacTheRipper in order to get a DVD you own into iTunes/iPod. Which is a reason to hang on to the older Handbrake 0.9.1 version, too.

thanks got it to transfer to mp4 and its showing up in itunes library but now i cant copy it to my ipod any ideas

Click on the movie in iTunes--go to 'Advanced' on the top of your screen--then click on 'Create iPod or iPhone Version'. Hopefully that will work.

Just keep in mind that after performing Podgirl's process ( I agree that should work BTW ) iTunes will have created a second version in iTunes and on your HD of that movie that is iPod ready. You can then ether keep the original or delete it.