Sign in to follow this  
Apple Geek

Alright, so here's one for you to try:

I'll try to make this as short and sweet as possible: my iTunes library is very large (by my standards). I have around 12 GB in music, and just under 30 GB of TV Shows and Movies. All of my music is stored on my internal HD so I can access it any time. My TV Shows and Movies (any video content within iTunes) is on an external USB drive. Right now, everything works and plays as it should. I got /am getting another external firewire hard drive for my graduation and I want to use that as my "media drive". Now, I think you know where I'm going with this, but how do I move my video content from my old USB drive to the new drive WITHOUT iTunes freaking out?

I know of and have found plenty of articles that can tell me how to move my entire iTunes library to a new location but never ones about moving a part of my library. That leaves me a little worried that there will be no easy way to do it.

Just to recap: I want all of my music to stay put (internal hd) but I just want to be able to tell iTunes to look at my new drive for my video content instead of my old one.

Help and comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Apple Geek

Give the drive the same name and then copy everything over. It should work fine (as the file reference will just be looking for /volumes/my ex hd/somefolder/video.mp4).

Worked like a charm. So glad there was an easy fix!

Thanks so much for your help.

Apple Geek